Novi Child Custody Lawyer
Child Custody Attorney in Oakland County
Child custody cases can be extremely stressful, as the fate of your children and your relationship with them rests in a judge’s decision.
The arguments and disputes in child custody cases can become extremely heated, often resulting in stress and anxiety for all involved—including the children. Enlisting the representation of an aggressive Novi child custody attorney can help ensure your rights as a parent are protected, as well as the best interests of your child.
Our custody lawyer at the Law Offices of Elaine Stypula offers experienced legal representation and guidance through complex family law and child custody cases.
Fighting for fair child custody? Call our child custody lawyer at (248) 565-3800 or contact us online.
What Are the Child Custody Laws in Michigan?
Michigan child custody laws allow for custody to be awarded in multiple ways:
- Legal custody is the arrangement that allows for the parent to have authority to make major life decisions for the children.
- Physical custody is having the children stay or live with you.
- Joint custody gives both parents an equal amount of say in raising the children, which means this type of custody is often reserved for cases where parents are willing to work together to raise the child.
Our child custody attorney in Oakland County has experience raising children and developing working parenting time schedules. Our child custody lawyers know how to anticipate potential problems and potential future issues with child custody that can be addressed ahead of time to avoid costly litigation or disputes down the road.
How Is Child Custody Determined in Michigan?
- The court commonly reviews many aspects in making a child custody determination, including:
- The health and safety of the children
- How the custody arrangement can affect the educational needs of the children
- The ability of the parents to work together
- How the children are emotionally bonded with each parent
- If the possible custody arrangement may put the children in a dangerous situation
- The child's bond with the local community (teachers, friends, church, etc.)
What Is an Unfit Parent in Michigan?
The legal definition of an unfit parent is one who fails to provide proper guidance, care, or support for their child, especially in terms of abuse, neglect, or substance abuse issues.
Need Legal Help for Your Child Custody Case? Call Our Custody Lawyer Today!
Our Novi-based child custody lawyer Elaine Stypula has earned a reputation of providing skilled representation for complex family law issues. She provides strategic legal counsel through heated custody and support matters, helping her clients move through each step of the process with peace of mind and security.
Our custody lawyer cares about the individuals she represents and always strives to deliver the guidance they need from start to finish.
Call our Novi child custody lawyer at (248) 565-3800 or contact us online. We are here to help you pursue the light at the end of the tunnel.
TestimonialsSee What Our Clients Have to Say
“Kind and compassionate”- Sherry
“Fantastic, competent, reliable, problem solver, and most importantly- human.”
“Superb representation with care and compassion.”- LeeAnna
“Elaine is very reliable and efficient.”